Compared to the microbiome of other body sites, the urinary microbiome is a relatively new term. Recent studies showed the characterization of urinary microbiome is critical for our understanding of the role that the urinary microbiota plays in human health and disease. Sequence-based technique can not only be used to unveil the composition of bacterial community in urinary tract, but it can also be applied to uncover the functional capacity.
• Explore the changes in the urinary tract microbiome among individuals with urinary incontinence, neurogenic bladder dysfunction, sexually transmitted infections, benign prostatic hyperplasia and lower urinary tract symptoms.
• Explore the differences in the urine microbiome among patients in whom superficial UC recurred compared to those in whom it did not
• Explore the differences in the urinary and urothelium-bound microbiomes composition and content between healthy state and bladder cancer
• Explore the differences in the microbiota of the urethra versus the bladder from different asymptomatic adults
• Explore the differences in the voiding- versus catheterization-associated urine microbiome of healthy men and women.
With our next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology, PacBio SMRT sequencing, and Nanopore sequencing platforms, we have the tool to identify, quantify and analysis the urinary tract microbiota. With this high-throughput technology we can perform complete metagenomics studies capable of surveying the genomes of entire communities, including those of unculturable organisms.
|Illumina Hiseq||Illumina Miseq||Ion PGM||PacBio SMRT system|
|Nanopore system||PCR-DGGE||Real-time qPCR||Clone library|
Creative Biogene offers extensive microbiome analysis portfolio includes not only consultancy, study design, sampling solutions and sequencing, but also downstream bioinformatic and biostatistical analyses.
Fig.1 High-throughput sequencing analysis process
Fig.2 PCR-DGGE analysis process
|Sample requirements and preparation|
• Sample: Genomic DNA
|Detectable Microorganisms |
|Basic analysis |
• Sequence Filtering and Trimming
|Routine analysis |
|Advanced data analysis |
• Phylogenetic Tree
1. Karstens, L., Asquith, M., Caruso, V., Rosenbaum, J. T., Fair, D. A., Braun, J., Gregory, W. T., Nardos, R., & McWeeney, S. K. (2018). Community profiling of the urinary microbiota: considerations for low-biomass samples. Nature reviews. Urology, 15(12), 735–749.
2. APAAdebayo, A. , Ackermann, G. , Bowyer, R. C. E. , Wells, P. , & Steves, C. . (2020). The urinary tract microbiome in older women exhibits host genetic and environmental influences. Cell Host & Microbe, 28(2).