Microbiosci is a leading biotechnology company which has the expertise in providing microbial target genome editing service for customers worldwide. Microbiosci possesses sophisticated equipment, advanced technologies and highly experienced staffs, which are available to offer you the high-quality, comprehensive service with the most competitive price. Microbiosci is engaged in working with you to design a process that meets your specific needs and expedites your process of research or commercial production.
Due to the structural complexity of most natural products, total chemical synthesis approaches are often inefficient and accompanied by large amounts of waste and heavy pollution. Therefore, engineering microbial to produce structurally complex natural products become a promising solution to protect our environment and prevent pollution from chemical synthesis.
Owing to advances in functional genomics and genetic engineering technologies, microbial hosts can be engineered to overproduce a desired natural product, greatly accelerating the traditionally time-consuming strain improvement process. The field of metabolic engineering endeavors to create a green manufacturing industry based on microbial-production of commodity chemicals in Microbial cell factories.
Streptomyces is often used for the production of antibiotics originally derived from Streptomyces species; Corynebacterium glutamicum is widely used for the high-titer production of amino acids; Yarrowia lipolytica is frequently employed when using lipids as a substrate. E. coli or S. cerevisiae is widely used in the natural compound production.
Fig.1 Strategies and techniques for non-model microorganism development.
The general steps for microorganism development is as follows:
• Construction of biosynthetic pathways by adopting heterologous or homologous genes from natural resources.
• Optimization of the metabolic fluxes by diverse genetic engineering strategies including enzyme engineering, balancing precursors or gene expression levels, overexpression or deletion of target genes, screening genes from different resources, and cofactor engineering.
• Productivity improvement.
• Engineered strains scale-up.
Microbiosci is engaged in genetic engineering of natural product-producing microorganisms. With the expert in the microbial genome engineering and metabolic pathway analysis. Base strains producing natural compounds can be constructed by transplanting or adopting heterologous or homologous production pathways.
1. Aaron Cravens, James Payne & Christina D. Smolke. Synthetic biology strategies for microbial biosynthesis of plant natural products. Nature Communications, volume 10, Article number: 2142 (2019)
2. Mingzi M Zhang,1,# Yajie Wang,2,# Ee Lui Ang,1 and Huimin Zhao1, Engineering microbial hosts for production of bacterial natural products. Nat Prod Rep, 2016 Aug 27; 33(8): 963–987.
3. Yan Q and Fong SS (2017) Challenges and Advances for Genetic Engineering of Non-model Bacteria and Uses in Consolidated Bioprocessing. Front. Microbiol. 8:2060. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2017.02060