Creative Biogene is a leading company offering the high-quality matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) services. Mass spectrometry (MS)-based technologies, particularly MALDI-TOF, has emerged as a potential tool for rapid, sensitive, accurate, and cost-effective microbial identification of common as well as esoteric bacteria and fungi. MALDI-TOF MS process is automated and high throughput, and higher taxonomic resolution than either 16S/18S rRNA gene sequence analysis. Our talented scientists have tremendous experience to offer reliable service aiming to characterize microbial species. We guarantee a quick turnaround-time, competitive pricing.
Fig.1 MALDI-TOF MS process.
Applications of MALDI-TOF-MS Technology：
• Bacterial Strain Typing and Taxonomy
Numerous studies have shown that MALDI-TOF MS is a rapid, reliable and cost-effective technique for identification of bacteria. MALDI-TOF MS intact cell or whole cell PMF based typing is a rapid and sensitive method for bacterial identification. In many cases it has shown resolution and reproducibility which is better than gel-based protein or DNA fingerprinting techniques.
• Clinical Bacteriology
MALDI-TOF MS can be applied successfully for early identification of bacteria in blood cultures, skin and soft tissue infections (SSTI), bone and joint infections (BJI), urinary tract infections (UTI), cerebrospinal fluids, respiratory tract infections, stool samples etc.
• Food- and Water-Borne Bacteria
Speedy identification of pathogenic microorganisms is significant to guarantee quality and safety of water and food products. MALDI-TOF MS has previously been proved to be helpful for early detection of pathogenic bacteria.
• Environmental Bacteriology
• Whole cell MALDI-TOF MS approach can be routinely used as a reliable approach to identify and characterize isolates which originate from specific ecosystem.
• Detection of Antibiotic Resistance in Bacteria
• virus identification
• Detection and Identification of Agents of Biological Warfare
Fig.2 Schematic diagram showing the work-flow in a MALDI-TOF MS.
Creative Biogene is the premier institution to provide professional and comprehensive MALDI-TOF-MS services. We have years of experience to meet your specific project needs in using MALDI-TOF-MS technology to add value to your research project.
1. Neelja, S. , Manish, K. , Kanaujia, P. K. , & Virdi, J. S. . (2015). Maldi-tof mass spectrometry: an emerging technology for microbial identification and diagnosis. Frontiers in Microbiology, 6.
2. Calderaro, A. , Arcangeletti, M. C. , Rodighiero, I. , Buttrini, M. , Gorrini, C. , & Motta, F. , et al. (2014). Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight (maldi-tof) mass spectrometry applied to virus identification. Scientific Reports, 4, 6803.
3. Patel, & R. (2015). Maldi-tof ms for the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Clinical Chemistry, 61(1), 100-111.