Over the past decades, Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) are of importance for applications of food, beverages and feed industry. In addition, Lactic acid bacteria cell surface display is currently promising technique to deliver active molecules such as vaccines or cytokines to mucosal tissues. LAB Surface display producing cell wall anchored E7 elicits better antigen-specific cellular responses compared to the cytosolic expression or secretion. Because of this potential, the improvement of genetic tools for efficient protein expression, secretion and cell surface display in lactococci and lactobacilli is gaining increasing attention. Creative Biogene has developed diverse strategies based on anchoring the protein to the LAB surface.
Fig.1 Surface display of in L. lactis
To display functional proteins at LAB surfaces, a signal peptide and an anchor domain are necessary. Meantime, the kind of anchor used is an important factor to affect the stability and functionality of the displayed proteins. Varying anchoring strategies:
• N-terminal transmembrane anchors
• Covalent anchoring to the cell wall through LPXTG anchors
• Non-covalent binding-domain-mediated anchoring
• They must have a strong anchoring domain to ensure that exogenous proteins can be immobilized on the surface.
• They must be compatible with foreign proteins, be able to form fusion proteins, and should not be able to interact with each other.
• They must be resistant to protease hydrolysis.
Fig.2 Varying anchoring strategies for protein display in lactobacilli.
• Displaying antibodies and pharmaceutical protein
• Antigen delivery vehicles
• Enzyme immobilization/biocatalysis
• Degradation of biomass
• Strong resistance to harsh conditions
• Innocuous activity
• Beneficial properties
• We have many years of service experience in cell surface display.
• We have a world-class service platform.
• The price of Creative Biogene is very competitive in the industry and the price is favorable.
• One-stop service.
• Ensure efficient service, and urgent service can be provided.
• Periodic progress updates.
• SDS-PAGE Analysis
• Western Blot Analysis
• Enzyme assays
• Fluorescence assays
• Flow cytometry
• Immunofluorescence microscopy
In general, our turnaround time is 4-8 weeks depending on the size of your project.
Creative Biogene offers L. lactis surface display service to display functional proteins at LAB surfaces or to deliver active molecules to mucosal tissues. With the rich experience, our talented scientists advise appropriate construction strategy depending on features of your project. Know more about how our experienced team can facilitate your work, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Michon, C. , Langella, P. , Eijsink, V. G. H. , Mathiesen, G. , & Chatel, J. M. . (2016). Display of recombinant proteins at the surface of lactic acid bacteria: strategies and applications. Microbial Cell Factories, 15(1), 70.
2. Åvall-Jääskeläinen, S., & Palva, A. (2005). Lactobacillussurface layers and their applications. FEMS Microbiology Reviews, 29(3), 511-529.
3. Cortes-Perez, N. G., Azevedo, V., Alcocer-González, J. M., Rodriguez-Padilla, C., Tamez-Guerra, R. S., Corthier, G., … Bermúdez-Humarán, L. G. (2005). Cell-surface display of E7 antigen from human papillomavirus type-16 inLactococcus lactisand inLactobacillus plantarumusing a new cell-wall anchor from lactobacilli. Journal of Drug Targeting, 13(2), 89-98.