Our Promise to you:
Premier global microbiological solutions, extensive collection of products.
24x7 CUSTOMER SERVICE
CONTACT US TO ORDER
Food additives can perform a number of technological functions during food processing and storage and in a few cases the same substance may have more than one function. Food additives play crucial role in the food industry from the aroma of the beverage, the texture of the food, the visual appeal, and the improvement of the nutritional value of the food.
The food additives are mainly divided to flavouring agents, hydrocolloids, amino acids, organic acids and enzymes. Since many chemical additives are forbidden by food legislation and by customers, the need for natural alternatives has increased. That’s why more and more additives are produced by fermentation or will be produced in future.
With the increasing number of genome sequence data becomes available, the improved genomic and proteomic methodologies provide access to new enzymes including those playing key roles in fermentation.
• Synthesis gene analysis
• CRISPR/Cas9-mediated Genome Editing
• Homologous Recombination-Mediated Genome Editing
• Site-specific Recombination Mediated Genome Editing
• Pathway engineering
• Growth condition optimization
• Fermentation optimization
Microbiosci possesses mature microbe genome editing platforms, traditional recombineering system and CRISPR/Cas 9 system, as well as the excellent fermentation platform which can help you create new enzymes and pathways or modify the existing pathways to produce or increase the yield of desired food additives.
1. Nicolai Kallscheuer. Engineered Microorganisms for the Production of Food Additives Approved by the European Union-A Systematic Analysis. Front Microbiol. 2018; 9: 1746.
2. Microbial Production of Food Ingredients, Enzymes and Nutraceuticals. Book. March 2013