Filamentous fungi are ubiquitous organisms that play a significant role in industry, agricultural, drug development, and plant/human health. Fungal pathogens are the main factors charging of the most severe diseases affecting plants, leading to a reduction in yield and crop quality and causing enormous economic losses worldwide. Owing to the fundamental importance, Filamentous fungi have attracted more attention on molecular studies, especially for manipulation of the genome and the coding sequences. Microbiosci is a leading company offering series of genetic service, including gene deletion/editing, RNAi, protein expression, and gene tagging procedures.
For more complex, multicellular organisms, the genetic manipulation of filamentous fungi is often more difficult due to the typically complex genetic basis of background. As a versatile genome editing technology, CRISPR/Cas9 system is revolutionizing technology that shows great promise in research and application of filamentous fungi. Partial characterization of the functions of specific genes important to the biology of fungal species can be achieved by either knockout or knockin experiments followed by phenotypic analysis of the mutant strains.
Our CRISPR-Cas9 mediated genetic engineering system is designed for simple, marker-free, effective and versatile use in a broad spectrum of fungi. We have three editing routes to understand better the function of genes and their regulation.
Fig.1 Strategies of genome editing in filamentous fungi
Compared with prokaryotic, filamentous fungal are much more complex, frequently facing problems such as inefficient transformation. There are a number of different transformation systems that have been developed in a broad spectrum of filamentous fungi.
• Lithium Acetate
• Agrobacterium tumefaciens Mediated Transformation
• Restriction enzyme Mediated Integration
• We have many years of service experience in Filamentous fungi genome editing and can provide customers with precise and seamless editing service.
• We have a world-class service platform.
• The price of Microbiosci is very competitive in the industry and the price is favorable.
• One-stop service.
• Ensure efficient service, and urgent service can be provided.
• Periodic progress updates, and transparent service to solve various client concerns.
Microbiosci offers Filamentous fungigenome editing service to help you target and disrupt genes in some flamentous fungi, for example in Aspergillus niger, Rhizopus, Mucorales, Magnaporthe oryzae, Rhizoctonia solani Kühn, Trichoderma reesei and Fusarium spp. Know more about how our experienced genome engineering team can facilitate your work, please feel free to contact us at or 1-631-626-9181.
1. Song, R. , Zhai, Q. , Sun, L. , Huang, E. , & Lu, H. . (2019). Crispr/cas9 genome editing technology in filamentous fungi: progress and perspective. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology(6).
2. Wilson, A. M. , & Wingfield, B. D. . (2020). Crispr-cas9-mediated genome editing in the filamentous ascomycete huntiella omanensis. Journal of Visualized Experiments(160).
3. Wang, Q. , & Coleman, J. J. . (2019). Progress and challenges: development and implementation of crispr/cas9 technology in filamentous fungi. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 17.
4. Mariana, Schuster, Regine, & Kahmann. (2019). Crispr-cas9 genome editing approaches in filamentous fungi and oomycetes. Fungal Genetics & Biology Fg & B.
5. Vicente, I. , Muñoz, Sabrina, Sarrocco, Luca, & Malfatti, et al. (2019). Crispr-cas for fungal genome editing: a new tool for the management of plant diseases. Frontiers in plant science.
6. Nødvig, C. S. , Nielsen, J. B. , Kogle, M. E. , Mortensen, U. H. , & Jae-Hyuk, Y. . (2015). A crispr-cas9 system for genetic engineering of filamentous fungi. Plos One, 10(7), e0133085.